COVID protocols forced Samsung to engage stores remotely to ensure execution vs relying on field sales. Capo saw an opportunity for Samsung to measure execution on a macro level instead of the typical random audits, which are expensive, time consuming and based on a small % of stores.
Knowing that carriers are also customers, Capo designed a display contest for a store-level prize of “free lunch.” Flyers, shipper box stickers and emails challenged store managers to build the display to spec within a few days in order to get a digital gift card to treat the staff. Managers simply had to send photos of finished displays through our mobile webapp to validate times, locations and opt-ins.
- 80% of the carrier stores sent proofs of display, providing far more visibility than via typical store checks
- Benchmarked the accuracy to planogram without corrections as above retail average*
- Raised the accuracy level by 44% due to quickly communicating corrections to stores
- Program proved to be fast and easy, as no technical issues were reported and average time in webapp was less than 30 seconds
- Both the carrier and Samsung were appreciative of insights the program uncovered and continue to use it
*A.R.E | POPAI study: more than half of planned displays are not executed accurately or at all